Prime Day + Dorm Essentials = Savings
We have less than 12 hours to take advantage of Amazon Prime Day savings. If you have a child going to college right away, this could save you lots of money. If you don’t have an Amazon Prime account, this is the time to get one. At $139, the cost might look daunting to some, but you will save that amount in shipping costs very quickly, if you order from Amazon regularly. All I can tell you is GET AMAZON PRIME NOW. Or you can get Amazon Prime Student FREE for six months…but only on Prime Day, so you have less than 12 hours to make it happen! See info about that here.
Our daughter leaves in three weeks, and I am frantically purchasing all the essentials for her dorm room: vacuum cleaner, stand-up clothes steamer, cleaning products, mattress topper, first aid kit, Keurig coffee maker, and more. I have been taking advantage of the Prime deals, and there are lots of deals to be had.
I searched different sites to find the best deals for dorms on Prime Day, so I’m sharing the sites with you:
- Cleveland.com. From detergent to desk chairs and fans, you’ll want to check out the Prime deals listed on this site. I think some of these are different than a lot of the other sites I have seen. I have no idea how I even came across this site, but now I’m thinking I will save it in my favorites. See their list here.
- The New York Post. Their list starts with a mini fridge and ends with a rolling utility cart, but between the two are bedding items and electronics. Check out their list of nine essential dorm items here.
- SheKnows. Another new site for me. The Prime dorm deals list on this site is short, but it’s sweet. The items listed are definitely essentials. See the site’s suggestions here.
- EOnline. Who knew E Online was interested in helping us save money for our kids’ dorm rooms? Their list includes school supplies, bedding, electronics, and household items for dorm rooms. See their list here.
- YourTango. Small cooking appliances, air purifiers, bedding, organizers…YourTango offers a pretty comprehensive list of Prime deals on dorm items. Check it out here.
- CNN. CNN tells readers that if they don’t take advantage of anything else on Prime Day, take advantage of the “free money” Amazon is offering through their own gift card promotion. It’s a steal of a deal! See info here. With this deal, even if you don’t have time to shop for specific items today, you can still save money later!
Happy Prime Day!