More high school graduation gifts.
I know. I know. Y’all think it’s too early to be thinking about graduation gifts. It’s not. You don’t want to the be the person who is scrambling at the last minute to find graduation gifts. And if you have a son or daughter graduating this year, you need to be prepared. Lots of classmates and parents will give your child gifts, and you want to reciprocate. You can see my first suggestions for graduation gifts here. In case those aren’t what you want to give, maybe you’ll find some ideas for both boy and girl grads here, some of whom will matriculate to college and some who won’t…gift accordingly:
- Longchamp Bags. No, they’re not inexpensive, but they are great quality. Longchamp makes nylon bags in lots of sizes, and what I love most about them is that they are packable. I can fold and pack a large one in a suitcase, in case I will be bringing home more stuff than I left with. And the larger ones can be checked with airlines! The smaller ones can be packed and used as handbags at a travel destination. But they are lightweight and great for everyday! A high school graduate would be happy to see this among her gifts. Shop Longchamp on Amazon. Click here.
- Shower Steamers Aromatherapy. I got these for my daughter for Easter, and wow! They are incredible! She hung one in her shower using the net and suction cup, and after the first use, her bedroom and bathroom smelled like a spa! It’s incredible! When she went back to school, she took a few with her, so I’m sure her dorm room smells like a spa now too! Highly recommend! These are great for the girl going to college or the girl going straight into the work force! At under $22, they are inexpensive, so would go well as a gift with the clear accessories bags listed next. Purchase them here.
- Clear Accessories Bags. Girls travel with “stuff.” My daughter loves a good clear bag for makeup and toiletries, because she can see what’s in the bag and find items without having to dump them out. This four-bag set is great for any high school graduate! They’re labeled with colorful chenille letters. And it’s cute too! Click here.
- Hamilton Beach Personal Blender. College students love smoothies. Mine makes them all the time. This Hamilton Beach Personal Blender is perfect for a dorm. Just add fruit and cold milk or almond milk. It’s easy to use and easy to clean. Get it at Amazon by clicking here.
- Dyson Airwrap System. Admittedly, this is an expensive gift. We got one for our daughter when she went to college, and she loves it. This system is very popular with college-age girls for creating loose waves in long hair while drying the hair! It’s expensive for a reason…because it’s good. Priced at $599.99, it’s a gift that will be appreciated. Get it from Amazon here.
- Blissy Silk Pillowcase. My mother told me for years, “A silk or satin pillowcase will save your hair.” Now, I hear myself regularly telling my college-aged daughter the same thing. Blissy Pillowcases are the ones they are familiar with, so they will love receiving one as a gift. Make sure you know the right size for their bed pillows. Priced at $58, these are made from Mulberry silk. Purchase from Amazon here.
- Dry Divas Showercap. Oh, how I love Dry Divas Showercaps! They are quality and gorgeous! They come in various prints, and they actually keep your hair dry when you use them. I cannot stress enough how great this gift is. Young ladies don’t have time to wash their hair every day…and they shouldn’t! Hair stays healthier if it’s not washed daily. Give them the gift of dry hair with Dry Divas. Maybe pair this with the Blissy Pillowcase or the Shower Steamers above. These are priced at less than $30, and they last three years or more! I have a couple I have been using for five years! Click here.
- Compact Binoculars. Binoculars are fun for lots of things, but especially for sporting events, concerts, and birdwatching. Young generally love concerts and sporting events, and some of them even love birdwatching! The binoculars I’m featuring fit pretty well in an adults hand, and the price is under $40. To purchase, click here. Or Monocular, click here.
- Rumpl NanoLoft Blanket for Concerts/Camping. This travel-size ultra-lightweight and packable blanket is 35″x 52″ and is great to take to concerts or other outdoor activities. This is an all-around great gift. The Nano blanket is on sale for under $75 as of this writing. And Rumpl is a trusted brand. Click here. Or other sizes at the Rumpl Amazon Store here.
- LapGear Home Office Lap Desk. Every college student needs a lap desk. They like to sit in bed and study sometimes. It’s a fact. LapGear offers lap desks that have a device ledge and a phone holder, plus other accessories. Amazon recommends one that is priced at $39.99. To see it, click here. Or see the LapGear offerings on Amazon here.
- Illuminated LED Message Writing Board. Back in the day, we had chalkboards or whiteboards for messages between roommates. Of course, they can text now, but it’s still fun to have a board in the room for impromptu messages or “good luck on your exam.” I think this one is awesome, and priced at $45.99, it’s a fun gift that won’t break the bank. Click here.
- Amazon Basics Safe. It sounds crazy to some people, but lots of people have valuables they simply don’t want others to have access to. I recommend using the included cable to connect it to something in a hidden place, like inside a closet. They’re priced at about $20. Click here.
- Electric Scooter. College students on big campuses tend to travel by electric scooter. I see them all over the place when I visit my daughter. There is a wide range of scooters out there…fast, slow, long range, short range, inexpensive, inexpensive, and so on. If you’re considering this as a gift, check with the student to make sure you get what they want/need. Click here to see lots of different scooters on Amazon. Amazon recommends a Razor version that’s priced at under $200. You can see here.
- Dynotag Smart Recovery Luggage Tag. These are great whether the student travels or not. I recommend putting them on anything of value that could be misplaced…luggage, large handbag or backpack, workout bag, or even a computer case. The Dynotag brand is durable, and it contains the information to help recover your items if they are lost. Priced at about $20 each, they are more expensive than other tags, but they are also more durable and contain more info. They come in several bright colors that make them easy to spot on the baggage carousel at the airport. Click here.
There are some more great ideas for high school graduation gifts. I’m sure I will think of more in a week or two, and when I do, I will create yet another post. If you can do your shopping now, you can be ahead of the curve! Purchase now to avoid the “out of stock” notification!
All we want to do is have some fun – and these gifts are perfect!
[…] More High School Graduation Gifts. For a few more suggestions, and some that are unusual, click here. […]