Get ready for summer. In my mind, May 1st is a reminder that summer is just around the corner. I need to prepare myself for what I consider the most fun season of the year! But if you think I’m going to recommend swimwear, think again. Swimwear, to me, is a personal decision. And if you think I’m going to tell you how to get in shape, you’ve come to the wrong place. Aside from that, here are some things I need in preparation for the Summer 2023 season.
For the backyard/patio/pool:
- Funboy floats (and other products). Y’all, I love Funboy. I started buying Funboy products a couple of years ago when an ad popped up on Instagram, and I love them! They have a huge line of pool floats, beach floats and toys, towels…you name it. You can see their products on Amazon by clicking here. Or click around. To see their beach towels, click here. To see their bestsellers, click here. Pool floats, click here. See their Barbie line here.. And their kids line here. Highly recommend!
- Unbreakable plates. I love dining outside on the patio/poolside during the summer, but I don’t like chasing paper plates that blow in the wind. That’s why I purchased some unbreakable plates in pretty pastel colors that are dishwasher safe. See them here.
- Unbreakable Tumblers. From Scandinovia, I love clear, unbreakable tumblers for poolside. See my faves here.
- Unbreakable stemware. Planning to serve wine poolside? These unbreakable, stemless glasses are perfect! See them here
- Fly Fans for Tables. If you’re going to be dining outside, you need to keep the flies and other insects away from food. The easiest thing I have found? Fly fans. They’re awesome. I first saw them used at an outdoor restaurant in the Bahamas, and they work like a charm! They’re battery-operated, and they keep the flying insects away from your food! Get yours here.
- Miracle Heel Stick and Miracle Foot Repair. We can let our feet become less than pretty during winter, but sandal weather calls for smooth heels and feet. I tried these products after a friend told me about them…good stuff. I even use them on my elbows. Purchase here.
- Summer nail polishes. Summer calls for summer colors, and Essie has some great ones. If you like to do your own nails, or if you prefer to take your own polish for your mani/pedi, check out the selection here.
- Volatile Wedge Flip Flop. Like a little lift with your flip flops? These are foam platform with a wedge heel, and they’re super comfortable. I have them in the beige color, because I feel like they make my legs look longer. Perfect for pool days, but I wear them all the time, They come in three color options on Amazon. Get them here. Volatile offers other styles, as well, but I prefer these, because they are the most comfortable to me. You can see their other styles here.
- Show Me Your Mumu Coverup. I love the Show Me Your Mumu brand, and their Paula pullover has always been a fave. I’m not sure they market it as a cover up, but I love it as a coverup. See it here.
- Other Coverups. Some of my favorite coverups are simply gauzy, buttondown, long shirts. I have some favorites I got from Amazon here.
- Head scarf. Riding around with the top down on your convertible or Jeep in the summer? I need something to keep my hair out of my face. A pretty head scarf makes me feel like Jackie O. See some options here.
- Full headband. Don’t want the scarf? Consider a wide headband to keep your hair off your face. Click here.
- Beach fragrance. If you like to walk around smelling like the beach even when you’re not at the beach, you can get the fragrance from Bobbi Brown Beach perfume by clicking here, or from Vacation perfume by clicking here.
I’m ready for summer to be here! Bring it on!